Removable Labels - best yet!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KenS

Reaction score
Ran out of my Avery 5164 labels, so went to Office Depot to pickup another package yesterday, as I just bottled a Cab. They had a Post-it brand label that is removable, in the same size as the Avery 5164. I took a chance and bought them.

I printed one sheet of labels, and tried them when I got home. Wow! They look great on the bottle, appear to stick really well (of course, only time will tell), yet they come off easily just like a post-it note. No residue whatsoever.

I was really disappointed with how hard the Avery glue was to remove when I want to re-use a bottle. If these stay on well over time, this is the best I can imagine for home winemakers.

Has anybody else tried them? Do they hold up well?

Here's a link on for them Amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks interesting. Let us know how it works later. I am sure you could spray with hairspray to kinda make them water resistant.

KenS said:
Ran out of my Avery 5164 labels, so went to Office Depot to pickup another package yesterday, as I just bottled a Cab. They had a Post-it brand label that is removable, in the same size as the Avery 5164. I took a chance and bought them.

I printed one sheet of labels, and tried them when I got home. Wow! They look great on the bottle, appear to stick really well (of course, only time will tell), yet they come off easily just like a post-it note. No residue whatsoever.

I was really disappointed with how hard the Avery glue was to remove when I want to re-use a bottle. If these stay on well over time, this is the best I can imagine for home winemakers.

Has anybody else tried them? Do they hold up well?

Here's a link on for them Amazon

I got both Avery 5164 and the post it notes, they both work well. I like the post it notes more :)
Note- the last two batches of Post-it labels would not stay on my bottles. Looks like glue stick is needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have used the removable avery labels anddidnt like the results. After aging the with the wine the labels needed to be soaked anyway as they didn't come off very clean. I decided it wasn't worth the extra money.

Latest posts

Back