Other **** Red

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrdillon5

Junior
Reaction score
I have a hankering for some Italian Red table wine. I have been brewing for a long time but it has been at least a decade ago that I made a kit wine. Any suggestions on choosing a kit that makes a good Italian red table wine?

I like Winexpert's Italian Brunello (sangiovese) with grapeskins kit. I have found it to be delicious in 3 months. I'll let you know if its good aged in a year or so.

I'd say try this...they'll auto-ship you the chemicals, too, for a bit more unless you tell them not to...

4022_zps1ba27a8b.jpg

http://homewinery.com/cgi-bin/concen.cgi

I have a hankering for some Italian Red table wine. I have been brewing for a long time but it has been at least a decade ago that I made a kit wine. Any suggestions on choosing a kit that makes a good Italian red table wine?

Although I can source locally the RJS (TonyP - Super Tuscan) or the WE (wineh - Italian Brunello); both very good results for a sangiovese-based kit; I've run across kits made by a long time family business (the Cardoso family) in London, Ontario Canada, ABC Cork Co. that were originally one of the only importers to Canada of Portugese cork. In the last few decades, they branched out into other facets of winemaking and have been sourcing varietal grapes and they have available sangiovese-based juices, concentrates, etc. for a Chianti under the name of FONTANA Premium Select. I've done a couple of these ones now and thoroughly enjoy chianti with pretty much any Italian foods but also a good dinner wine with other heavier meals or even bbq meals. Their Valpolicello kit also turns out good (that one includes a skins pack in the kit) but to me that one is more suited to light meals or warm weather (my opinion). Jerry:dg

Wow! I didn't expect this much response. Thanks everyone. I guess I have to try them all. :)

Latest posts

Back