Mosti Mondiale RED ZIN

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ERASMO

Reaction score
Looking for a reccomendation for a nice hearty spicy Red Zin. Kit does not have to be a MM kit.
I dont mind spending the money on a premium kit.
Thanks

This one is real good and it is on Christmas Special!
smiley1.gif

<table ="Catalog" id="productsnew" width="100%" align="center" border="1" bordercolor="#000000" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"><t><tr><td ="table" width="2%" align="default"><div align="center">111245 </td>
<td width="5%"><div align="center">
%5Cimages%5CCCGP_sm.jpg
</td>
<td width="20%">

Lodi Old Vine Zinfandel - with "Crushed Grape pack"

Exhibits
silken layers of multidimensional delight. It starts with an up-front
core of blackberry and dark cherry aromas, followed by suggestions of
blueberry, raspberry, cranberry and dried plum. Undertones are of
chocolate, almond and exotic spice. </td>
<td width="2%"><div align="right">$125.99</td>
<td width="2%"><div align="right">$113.39 </td>
<td width="5%"><div align="center">Christmas Special </td>
<td width="15%">

Add to Cart

Add to Wish List

Shipping Cost Estimate</td></tr></t></table>

The Winery Series Old Vines Zinfandel is awesome! It has all the same spicy notes I get from all the commercial Zins. It took about 12 months for them to appear, and they seem to get stronger with age! Mine is now at 22 months and is amazing. Goes great with grilled steak and veggies.

dean, did you modify that kit or follow instructions to the letter. thanks, Ron

I just finished making the CC Showcase zin and the RJS WS zin. I had seen great reviews on both. Wish I could comment on quality but they are only about 1 month old. Similar grape pack on both. The WS had less oak with the kit so will evaluate at the 3 month racking for additional oak. I used the 14 day fermentation schedule for prolongedskin contact.

rrussell said:
dean, did you modify that kit or follow instructions to the letter.  thanks, Ron

When I did the kit, they still used the 14 day instructions on the winery series. The only thing I did differently on this, is that I keep the skins submerged with a plastic spoon I modified to keep the bag of skins down when the lid is closed.

Other than that, there was nothing else. This was the first time I did this kit. All kits that I do for a first time never get modified, so I could see what the manufacturer was intending. If I decide to make it again, I may modify it then.

The only thing I would modify in my next batch, would be to add a little Tan'Cor Grand Cru as I like the mid-palate note this addition rounds out. But before I do even that, I need to see what the long term effects are of that addition, and I have that going on my other wines.

I really like the spicy notes this Zin gives off! I would not change anything else.

Latest posts

Back