Red Clover Top Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MedPretzel

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am not sure if I can get an answer, but I thought I'd try anyway.
smiley1.gif

I am thinking about starting a red clover top (flower) wine in the future, but I have no idea how it would taste. Does anyone know how it would taste? I know when I was small we used to take the clover flowers and suck out the nectar from them, but all my memory tells me is that it was sweet. Does anyone have a better memory than I do?

Thanks!

smiley1.gif

are you talking of the stuff that sprouts first thing in the spring in my yard? how much do you want?
smiley2.gif

berry

Red Clover Red Clover is traditionally used as a Spring tonic to promote better health. Supplements that diet with Silica, Choline, Calcium and Lecithin in minute quantities. Red Clover's exclusive System inhibits normal plant oxidation, maintaining product potency and extending freshness. Red Clover includes all-natural antioxidants. Red Clover is classified as an isoflavone & is one of the richest sources of isoflavones. In modern research, there is evidence to suggest an anti-neoplastic action in humans. The importance of isoflavones is widely appreciated and is currently the subject of intense research and discussions. Isoflavones appear to protect against hormone-related disorders such as breast cancer and prostate cancers.

Red Clover USes * Red Clover contains isoflavone that theoretically could help prevent specific types of cancer, including breast and prostate cancer. * Red Clover's isoflavones have been used to treat the symptoms of menopause. * Red Clover can be used for therapeutic purposes for coughs, bronchitis, eczema, sores, scrofula and can be gargled for mouth ulcers and sore throats. * Red Clover increases the production of mucus and urine flow helping relieve irritation and inflammation of the urinary tract. * Red Clover uses for arthritis, tumors, skin eruptions, infections, and toxicity. * Red Clover is a natural anti-spasmodic since it prevents and relaxes muscle spasms. * Red Clover is one of the most useful remedies for children with skin problems. * Red Clover is valued for its ability to loosen phlegm and calm bronchial spasms.

More information Red Clover Article

Red Clover Products Red Clover 200 mg, 90 VCaps , Red Clover Tea 30 Bags , Red Clover 100 Caps , Red Clover 450 mg, 100 Caps , Blood Support Burdock-Red Clover 285mg, 45 VCaps , Red Clover 100 Caps , Red Clover Blossoms 100 Caps , Red Clover Blossoms 375 mg, 100 Caps , Red Clover Cleanser 880 mg, 72 Tabs , Red Clover Combination 100 Caps , Red Clover Combination 100 Caps , Red Clover Enzymes 100 Tabs , Red Clover Extract 500 mg, 30 Tabs , Red Clover Extract 500 mg, 60 Tabs , Red Clover Extract 2 Oz , Red Clover Flower 1 Oz , Red Clover Flowering Tops 1 Oz , Red Clover Flowering Tops 90 Caps , Red Clover Flowering Tops AF 1 Oz , Red Clover Leaf Extract 500 mg, 60 Tabs , Red Clover PhytoEstrogen 500 mg, 30 Caps , Red Clover Power 30 Caps , Red Clover Stillingia Compound 1 Oz , Red Clover Tops Extract 60 VCaps , Red Clover-Burdock Orange 2 Oz , Red Clover-Burdock Extract 2 Oz , Soy & Red Clover Isoflavones 2 Oz

I checked Jack Keller's website, and he has 3 recipes for Red Clover Wineunder "requested recipes".

Wish I could help you as far as how the wine would taste.If anyone could tell you about this wine, Jack Keller might be able to help!
smiley1.gif

Sounds interesting.... Reminds me of honeysuckle vines. We used to suck this sugar like juice out if them in the spring and summer.

Martina,

I'd shoot Jack a message and ask, if anyone has tried it, it would be him.

DJ,

Our city ballpark fense was covered with honeysuckle vine and just the smell of honeysuckle takes me back to Little League, Babe Ruth, and Pony League baseball! Wonderful memories.

I would love to have a penny for every stem that I have pulled through the honeysuckle bloom to get that one little drop of sweet delight
smiley17.gif
. I would be a wealthy man!

Back