Recommended Red Wine Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smcalli1

Reaction score
I've only made white wine kits so far, partly because I've heard that red wine kits tend to be thin, lacking in mouthfeel, and not very flavorful. (I'll admit that I've also heard that kits with grape skins avoids some of these problems.) But I much prefer dry reds to whites, so my question is, are there full-bodied, flavorful red wine kits (i.e., cabs, merlot, zin, pinot, malbec, et. al.) that you'd recommend?

Cellar Craft Showcase Collection Red Mountain Cab, Rosso Fortissimo, and Zin. Bit too early to know but at bottling my RJS EP Amarone seemed great. In my opinion it has to have skins.

On Tuesday, I opened a split of my CC Showcase Old Vine Zin that was started in April and bottled in August. It's coming along quite nicely. From what I've read, just about any of the CC Showcase or RJS Winery Series kits with grape packs will do pretty well.

Thanks to you both. It sounds like we may be heading toward general agreement that "with grapeskins" is the way to go. From your two replies, CC Showcase and RJS Winery Series are the kits to look for.

The CC Showcase series is great and have grape skins, I have done the Fortissimo three times and love it. The RJS Winery series is also good, I have done the Super Tuscan and have high hopes for it. Soon I want to do the Meritage and the Rosso Grande. The RJS Winery series is on sale this month at FVW. http://www.finevinewines.com/Z_ProdListWK.asp

Latest posts

Back