Ready to Bottle 10 gallon of Fruit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wineon4

Reaction score
My Cherry/Chocolate and my Blackberry are ready for the bottle. Last evening I adjusted the acid and added grape concentrate for body. I plan to bottle on Sunday after it has some time to clear out. The Blackberry is super clear and brite but the Cherry/Chocolate has some haze from the chocolate. I am hoping some super kleer KC clears it up before Sunday. Boy do they both taste great. As soon as I bottle them I plan to start 5 gal of strawberry and 5 gal of Blueberry. Sketter Pee and Reisling are still cooking away hope they soon finish so I can clear them up and get to sampling. So far this season I have made .

Done, Aging,Ready and some consumed:db

10 gal Concord from fresh fruit
10 Gal Blueberry from fresh fruit ( Won a Silver at a local comp. by AWS)
5 Gal Elderberry/Blackberry/Blueberry from fresh fruit ( Won a Silver)
5 Gal Blackberry from Fruit base and juice
5 Gal Cherry/Chocolate from Fruit base and juice
5gal Reisling from a kit
5 Gal Cherry/Blackberry Sketter pee from above Lees

Plan To make in the next week:tz

5 Gal Blueberry from Fruit Base and Juice
5 Gal Strawberry from Fruit base and juice
5 Gal Strawberry/Blueberry Sketter Pee from above Lees

The storm, Sandy is coming our way good week ahead for wine :rn

Need the carboys. I have so much waiting in primarys, now my daughter- and - law gave me 30 lb of rasphberries 20 lb of blackberries, 10 lb of bluberries and 10 lb of elderberries from her mothers freezer that are thawed out so I am really behind the 8 ball, by tomorrow I will have 6 primarys going, along with my 5 carboys full. I plan to age in the bottles. I guess when you get fruit given to you, you have to buckle up and get it done. The real shame is I won't be able to use any for Sketter Pee just no room.

Wineon4, you can take the slurry and freeze it.

Newbie question, sorry, but when adding grape concentrate then bottling 2 days later, do you risk of refermentation in the bottle?

Newbie question, sorry, but when adding grape concentrate then bottling 2 days later, do you risk of refermentation in the bottle?

you would need to stabilize your wine by adding k-meta and sorbate.

I usually wait a month or so at the very least after stabalizing/backsweetening.

Most of the time a lot longer. A lot of the time there is another lite round of sediment thrown off for me.

Need the carboys. I have so much waiting in primarys, now my daughter- and - law gave me 30 lb of rasphberries 20 lb of blackberries, 10 lb of bluberries and 10 lb of elderberries from her mothers freezer that are thawed out so I am really behind the 8 ball, by tomorrow I will have 6 primarys going, along with my 5 carboys full. I plan to age in the bottles. I guess when you get fruit given to you, you have to buckle up and get it done. The real shame is I won't be able to use any for Sketter Pee just no room.

Carboys
Left to right Reisling, Sketter Pee (Blackberry/lemon),Blueberry, Strawberry

Primarys
Black Raspberry, Mixedberry,Blackberry,Elderbery,Blueberry

546812_10151230304877458_124105357_n_zpsb5f7781d.jpg

Bottled
Top shelf on left down---Cheery/Chocolate, Blackberry, 2 shelves of concord, Center top is blueberry

387604_10151230306037458_587732770_n_zps38115859.jpg

Latest posts

Back