Ready for a kit but which to choose

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fivebk

Reaction score
Hi , I have started three batches of wine to date. One apple (from my own apples) and two grape concentrate wines . I thought that if I were to screw up maybe I should do it with wines that cost less than kits. I think I have gained enough knowlage to be able to start a kit with confidence. My problem is WHICH ONE!!!!!! My brother in law and my sister got my wife and I started drinking wine. One thing lead to the next and here I am . My brother in law travels the world with his career and has tasted alot of different wines. I would like to start a kit that would not only please me , but him as well. I like fruit forward reds that are off-dry to dry. Does anyone have any suggestions
smiley5.gif

Which kit?

That depends on if you like Reds or Whites.

If Reds I would go for a Pinot Noir

If Whites I would suggest Pinot Grigio

Either one most people would enjoy.

You could always make a quick list of what types are available in kits and then run down to the liquor store and buy severalof the different types. That way you cantry out different ones and see what you like and don't like, but you'll also have bottles to re-fill when you make your kit.

Find the type of wine you like and order a kit. It is that easy. In fact, if you have made wines from scratch from you own fruits, you are going to find making a kit much easier. I would suggest one of the all juice kits. I have made the Montepulciano, Sangiovese, and Carmenere. All were great. The Montepulciano was probably my favorite of the list.

The one I would choose, using that criteria, would be the Mosti Mondiale Old Master Amarone!

Back