rasins

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scotty

Reaction score
is there a formula for adding rasins to give wine some extra body or is there another way???
smiley1.gif

Scotty....I have used rasins on a number of fruit wines at a lb./gal [chopped], but have started useing WE grape cont. as NW seem to like andfound I like this better....seems to be a bit smootherflavor...used at 1/2 pt. /gal....hope this helps

I have some concentrate in my inentory. Ill try it on one of my next batches.

I like the results I get from bananas myself. About a lb or so of really ripe per gallon of wine. I jsut chop them up coarsely, Boil in water and then addthe water to my must. If you are going to use this method I suggest doing it on the front end as it will affect your SG

Waldo,
Would there be in banana flavor in the finished wine using your method?

Waldo said:
I like the results I get from bananas myself. About a lb or so of really ripe per gallon of wine. I jsut chop them up coarsely, Boil in water and then addthe water to my must. If you are going to use this method I suggest doing it on the front end as it will affect your SG

Do you strain the banana water or how do you actually apply the boiled concoction

I put some bananas in a batch I called Tropical Medley...Was Pineapple Juice, Apple Juice and Bananas....

Put the Bananas in a straining bag...

I can always taste the Banana in that batch....
Personally....don't much care for that flavor...
bananano.gif

But to each their own....

Just my 2¢

Edited by: Northern Winos

Latest posts

Back