Ragina fresh juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shoebiedoo

Reaction score
2 questions,
1) Has anybody ever made any wine from Ragina (Lamanuzzi & Pantaleo) juices? I just found a seasonal source (have to wait till fall though) and I'm wondering how they turned out. Also, Rocky (and anyone else in the Columbus area) they still have some Grenache Rose and 1 pail of Riesling juice for $25 if you're interested. it's at Macaluso Fruit Co over by the airport.

2) Speaking of Riesling, is the dryness something I can control? My wife and I prefer a dry Riesling over a sweet one. Tips (if any) would be appreciated.

Steve

Steve I have and still am making many wines using Regina juice. I get mine in the strip district of Pittsburgh. Great prices.

I have heard others who have had difficulties with other juice buckets but not with Regina. Always ph and acid balanced, filled to 6 gallons or more. They are all sulfated and I reuse the buckets over and over and over......

I started out making 2, then 4, then 6, 11 it just keeps growing.

You ferment dry all of your wine, then after it has cleared, aged you can back sweeten to your desired liking.

PM me if you like or ask here.

Thanks for getting back. Well considering the produce comany selling them doesn't seem to know a thing, I have a few questions, yes
You mentioned 6 gallons but the price sheet indicates the pails are 5.3. Do I need a 5 gallon carboy or a 6?

Is it advisable to ferment right in the bucket it came in? (top sure looks dirty)

Do you guys ad you're own yeast? It's all ready foaming through the hole in the lid.
Do I need a starter (for what ever yeast I buy)?

it is nice to know they're already balanced. Like I mentioned, I'd like to just throw an airlock on it and wait a couple weeks to see what happens <grin>

Last edited:
Thanks for getting back. Well considering the produce comany selling them doesn't seem to know a thing, I have a few questions, yes
You mentioned 6 gallons but the price sheet indicates the pails are 5.3. Do I need a 5 gallon carboy or a 6?

Is it advisable to ferment right in the bucket it came in? (top sure looks dirty)

Do you guys ad you're own yeast? It's all ready foaming through the hole in the lid.
Do I need a starter (for what ever yeast I buy)?

it is nice to know they're already balanced. Like I mentioned, I'd like to just throw an airlock on it and wait a couple weeks to see what happens <grin>

If it's foaming, it is already fermenting. I know nothing about that product. Maybe the fermentation is by wild yeast, maybe the bucket has the correct yeast already put in.

If no one with Ragina Juice experience gets back to you within an hour or so, you really need to contact Ragina by phone and get the help you deserve to have as one of their customers.

Didn't instructions come with the juice? Was it frozen?

Sorry I can't help much.

Actually I haven't bought it yet. I'm looking into it but for $25 I don't think it hurts to get and see where the wind blows it.

You get unless someone steals some out, 6 gallons of Regina juice. 100 ppm sulfite at time of packaging. I ferment to dry in the bucket. You will get 5 1/2 gallons after its fermented. Sediment in the rest.

Natural yeast probably has kicked in by now. These juices arrive chilled not frozen. Prices range from $48.00-51.00

I use Lalvin yeast on them.

This occurred to me overnight. Some folks buy juice buckets that are frozen. Since this juice has a short life it is necessary to freeze the juice or lose it.

There is no way to keep 6 gallons "frozen" in it's original bucket due to the expansion. So they would have to remove some juice so it wouldn't spill out during the freezing. In this case I could see you getting only 5 gallons in the end once thawed. Just thinking.

Latest posts

Back