Racking hose

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
Can you use a racking hose after running leach water through it. Im assuming es and that I should soak it in K-meta to neutralize but want to be sure as I have never done that before but needed to rack this bleach/water out of a carboy with a crack in it so it would not explode in my hands if lifted. I started to tilt it carefully and heard a little noise and said no thanks.

I don't see a problem Wade. Just run some clear water through it and then follow with the K-Meta to sanitize. Was it one of the free carboys that cracked? I'm glad it didn't break on you. That would have been a real mess and potentially dangerous!

Yea, it was 1 of the free 1's and Im glad it leaked a little now rather than full of wine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bleach/Chlorine has a fairly short residual time, a good rinse should render your hose O.K..

K-Meta binds with Chlorine to fall out as a salt, so, you can rinse with water, then rinse with k-meta and all traces of chlorine will be gone!

Latest posts

Back