Questions

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maripatm

maripatm
Reaction score
I am new at this. Made a blackberry wine and it is waiting to be bottled. It is very cloudy. Can I add pectin enzyme to clear it? And if I can or I need to do something else, can you give me the steps I need to take?

Also, can I just use a good juicer to get the juice for wine from the fruit and would the amount of fruit be the same as on the recipe?

Thanks.

It helps the more experience wine maker on here if they know about your wine that you are making recipe how long it has been in the secondary how many times that you have racked your wine

Yeah i agree - degassing helps clear out your wine as well. If you temps are low initially it will take longer to clear as well.

If you could post some more info - steps you have taken - how long it has been in secondary, etc.

Pectic enzyme is used to clear a haze, not cloudy wine. its main us is to extract color and flavor and break down the cellular walls in fruit when added to make wine. Is your done done fermenting, what is the specific gravity?

Latest posts

Back