Questions about starting a batch of Dragon Blood

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winesleeper

Reaction score
Looking into starting some Dragon Blood. Where online is a good place to buy the following items. Tannin, Yeast Nutrient, Yeast Energizer, Pectic Enzyme, EC-1118 Yeast, Potassium Metabisulfite, Potassium Sorbate, and sparkolloid? Best brand? Quantity? How long will it keep?
Thanks!

Most of the items you have listed are pretty much a generic type chemicals and the shelf life of most of them is very long. the yeast has the shortest life and is date labeled.
As for quantity, the larger you buy (size wise) the cheaper per oz/gm it is. If you are making a lot of wine it is better to buy large, if you are only making a few gallons a year, buy the small for just what you need.
any questions, let me know!

The yeast I buy at the LHBS usually has a "year from now" expiration date on the date stamp. I think most of the heavy hitters around here agree that you should only buy 6 month's worth of K sorbate at a time. Also, I'm moving away from sparkalloid in an attempt to see if I end up with fewer "cirrus clouds" in my Dragon's Blood and Skeeter Pee.

Back