Proper siphoning technique?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have not used one. I'm thinking its more hype than anything else. Decant the wine and let it breath is what i do. Of course aging will help..
Nice to see you "over" here form the other group.

nice to be here thank you

as to teh Vinturi..one was given to me as a gift..actually the red and the white...anyways we opened a 2008 old vine zin i bottled in sept tasted...then ran that same wine thru the red wine vinturi less than a minute later....WOW
...huge difference..it opened that wine right up....in essence it sped up what decanting would do...so i recommend it heartily if the need is there to open and pour and taste at a moments notice

i have not used the white wine one yet

lastly i saw a commercial for something called Winetastic which from the tv commercial looked like it did the same thing as the Vinturi...i do not know if its similar...or exactly as good....the devices are essentially a spout to pour into which makes the wine flow past two openings in the glass towards the bottom of the device and into your wine glass...as the wine passes by the two openings they create a venturi effect ( i think i have that right)..a vacuum of air comes rushing in and aerates the wine...thus making it instantly decanted

the red and white versions have a different size opening for the two air holes

OK so you used it on a young wine. What will it do to a wine, older than 2-3 years?
Not sure why you will have two different holes. 1 for red and a different 1 for whites.

i agree..lets see what it will do later on...for now..on what i witnessed, i am sold on it

as to the different hole sizes i believe it was to input a different amount of air...but that was only a visual inspection..i have not read anything to back it up

Well you are the 1st on any feedback. Kinda pricy though. Let us know what it does on a aged wine

will do

and lastly the winetastic product sells for close to half of the Vinturi

I just received one of the Vinturi wine aerators today when I picked up the first of the three Le kits I ordered from Winexpert. Winexpert is giving them away when you order three LE kits.

I tried it out tonight.

It's not hype. These things actually work. Instantly decants your wine.

I'm impressed!:h

:)

i contacted the company and will have them at my winery in due course...you can even have your logo imprinted on them...i would like to know if anyone ever sees the WINETASTIC as seen of tv..to see if it is just as good

I have two autosiphons. One is a bit larger than the other one i have and therefore transfes quicker. I use a long enough tube (around 6 ft. / 2 meters) and one of those white pinch valves to control the flow. The tub touches the bottom of the receiving vessle and is submerged when the wine starts flowing. so no splashing.

Back