Primary concern

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myway22

Reaction score
I am in the process of making my first batch, and can't tell tell you how helpful this forum has been in the process.Every question Icome up with the answer is on this forum, so first of all, thank you. Now, I am on Day 4 and while the temperature and SG are right where they should be, the bubbling that I had on the first few days has subsided. Is this a problem or is it realatively normal?

Welcome aboard Myway22 & good luck on your first wine

Harry

Welcome to the forum Myway22. After 4 days or so your must might look like this which is normal, as it is still fermintating.
20071217_224905_Grape_1.jpg

Welcome here myway22. Glad you find it useful here. If your batch took right off at the beginning, it is perfectly normal to be slowing down about now. If this is a kit, follow their instructions for the SG to rack it at. If it isn't a kit- try to rack between 1.010 and 1.020(unless it is already lower than that). Good luck with it and enjoy the process!

Thanks for the replies, and it does look like the pic that Tomy posted. I was scheduled to rack tomorrow, and the SG is 1.030 so I think its right on target.

Latest posts

Back