Post your labels here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds good to me. The pic is of El Santuario de Chimayo. Probably the most Holy Shrine in the entire Soutwest. Thousands and thousands of people make a pilgrimage to it every Good Friday. Some will walk for days, some for just a few hours. There are countless stories of healing from the dirt in one room of the church. People from all over the world come just to take back a little bit of dirt from this shrine.

675px-El_Pocito_(Little_Well)_showing_hole_containing_blessed_dirt.JPG

I really like the 500ml "Tortuga" Port bottle on the far right. It was a recycled Port bottle that I snagged a couple of years ago and held onto. Trying to get a quote for a few cases for the next round!

I really like the 500ml "Tortuga" Port bottle on the far right. It was a recycled Port bottle that I snagged a couple of years ago and held onto. Trying to get a quote for a few cases for the next round!

I picked up 3 brand new cases of those a couple years back from a winery that used them and hated them because they didn't play well with the automated bottling/labeling equipment. Paid a whopping $4/case. Wish I'd grabbed some more.

Yea, I think I will end up paying quite a bit more! They are so short that they wouldn't work in my floor corker. Probably need to lift it up with a few 2x4's to raise the height up to the iris.

Which port wine is that one Mike and when did you start it?

I got the La Bodega bulk aging in a 3gal carboy and plan to bottle close to December...

Yea, I think I will end up paying quite a bit more! They are so short that they wouldn't work in my floor corker. Probably need to lift it up with a few 2x4's to raise the height up to the iris.

If I recall correctly, a 2x4 under the bottle did the trick. These are pretty similar in height to the 375's.

The middle bottle is a 375 and they work great, the Tortuga is 500ml but 2-3" shorter and will not reach the underside of the iris. Then you have the Belissima 375 on the left that is about an inch too tall so you can't insert it into the floor corker at all……. :tz

Nice label...I agree I enjoy making my own labels as well. I have attached a sheet of labels I have designed for some of my wines. They're not great but I like them.

Bottled my hibiscus skeeter pee the other day.

Manthing came up with these labels.
I think he could have gone a little bigger, but since this is a quick drinking summer wine, I don't mind at all.

2015-07-22 20.01.30.jpg

I've been playing with an idea to add labels to bottles but not have to deal the mess from removing the label to re-use the bottle. I have a shrink-wrap machine and made a sleeve from the material that loosely fit a bottle. Then I slid an un-glued label between the sleeve and bottle and hit it with a heat gun to shrink the sleeve tight. I'd give it a mixed review, BUT it has some possibilities.
Mike

ShrinkOff.jpg

ShrinkOn.jpg

Sure do. But even the removable adhesive cures and becomes a problem after a certain amount of time. Ideal material would probably be static cling or repositional vinyl but it's not cheap for most people and not really home printable.
Mike

That looks really good, Mike. Can't even tell that the sleeve is on there in the 2nd pic.

If you toss them in the sink with hot water for an hour or two the label will peel right off leaving no trace of glue.

Sure do. But even the removable adhesive cures and becomes a problem after a certain amount of time. Ideal material would probably be static cling or repositional vinyl but it's not cheap for most people and not really home printable.
Mike

Latest posts

Back