Post a Meme, any Meme! (no politics)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I worked at a business park that had a beautiful lake with a paved walkway around it. It was popular for folks to wander around the small lake at lunchtime.

The Canadian geese LOVED it, enough to stay there. The problem was the land mines they left behind -- it make walking around the lake impossible, as the walkway was covered in goose poop. The owner hosed the walkway off regularly, but within 20 minutes the land mines would reappear.

The solution? The owner hired a goose chasing service.

A guy had 3 large dogs that were trained to chase the geese, but not harm them. He'd bring his dogs for an hour or so, the dogs would have a fun time chasing the geese. It was interesting to watch as the dogs herded the geese, barking periodically, and clearly having fun.

The geese? Not so much. After a few days the geese would continue their migration.

The owner would call the goose chaser in periodically, whenever the goose population built up.

If this sounds cruel, visualize working right next to a very large open sewer ....

I work on a university campus overrun with Canada geese. Once the start crossing the campus road, who knows how long it will take until you can move again. :D

I don't wait, if you just drive slowly they will run or fly out of the way. I think they know what cars and trucks will do to them.

I worked at a business park that had a beautiful lake with a paved walkway around it. It was popular for folks to wander around the small lake at lunchtime.

The Canadian geese LOVED it, enough to stay there. The problem was the land mines they left behind -- it make walking around the lake impossible, as the walkway was covered in goose poop. The owner hosed the walkway off regularly, but within 20 minutes the land mines would reappear.

A guy had 3 large dogs that were trained to chase the geese, but not harm them. He'd bring his dogs for an hour or so, the dogs would have a fun time chasing the geese. It was interesting to watch as the dogs herded the geese, barking periodically, and clearly having fun.

The geese? Not so much. After a few days the geese would continue their migration.

The owner would call the goose chaser in periodically, whenever the goose population built up.

If this sounds cruel, visualize working right next to a very large open sewer ....

Yup, they love the campus pond.

SST and Pond 017.jpg

1625231356092.png

Happy to say, pelicans do not come up on the grass, but stay in the water.
No Poop du jour here.

Stolen (and by memory, so probably a bit off, along with language cleaned up) from a Ron White Comedy show from about 3 years ago:

To heck with that wall down south. I want to run for President and put up a net to keep the GOSH DARN Canadian Geese up in Canada where they belong. I'm tired of stepping around, over, under all the Gosh Darn Goose Poop everywhere.

Stolen (and by memory, so probably a bit off, along with language cleaned up) from a Ron White Comedy show from about 3 years ago:

To heck with that wall down south. I want to run for President and put up a net to keep the GOSH DARN Canadian Geese up in Canada where they belong. I'm tired of stepping around, over, under all the Gosh Darn Goose Poop everywhere.

Ron's a gem. He was just in town at a comedy club here. Lord, that man is rich.

Latest posts

Back