Port style kits 2015

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
port style kits

:dthanks thig,thought so but in this day and age I had to confirm...:d

port

Jercurl
if you call them,they may still take your order if you want one of the two. I called them a month ago when they were out of stock and they said they did not have any but would later so they took my order.Weird, huh.
corinth

Gericurl the Grape and Granary has them in stock to order May 29th is the order deadline you won't be charged until delivery in September hope this helps you out Cheers!

I put my order in and will be billed later when they come in.
Ques? when do they usually come in?
Corinth

I hope ya'll are will do this process on line again this year!

I've been looking at the Winexpert Selection Chocolate Raspberry Port. It states it makes 11.5 litres. How furiously does these types of kits ferment? I only do small batches but I was wondering if I could just split it in a gallon carboy and a ten litre fermentation bucket.

I've been looking at the Winexpert Selection Chocolate Raspberry Port. It states it makes 11.5 litres. How furiously does these types of kits ferment? I only do small batches but I was wondering if I could just split it in a gallon carboy and a ten litre fermentation bucket.

It would work for the initial fermentation, but ...

This kit has chapitalization and f-pack. Eventually, you will need something larger to hold more than 11.5 litres, closer to 4 gallons.

Use your normal 5 to 7.5+ gallon pail to ferment. Rack into a 5 or 6 gallon carboy. Once all the additions are done, rack to a 3 gallon carboy, plus a 1/2 gallon bottle (or possibly larger).

Last edited:
Thanks, Richmke. The reason I was asking is that I only just started and want to keep it small ad
I know I'll probably end up getting a bigger pail in a few months time but I'm still trying to keep things as small as possible. I guess if I coud fit in a three imperial gallon bucket that would hold 15-16 litres if filled up as my current kit would fit inside it but but but.. Would it work if I would make the primary in a 16 litre bucket, rack to the 10 litre bucket or three imperial gallon carboys and then when chaptalizing add them to the original bucket? :p I think the preorder from where I'd get it ends in a couple of days so need to convince myself that I'm able to pull this off quick.

Back