Port Bottles

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

franki1926

Reaction score
I am looking for port bottles that are barrel chested at the top and I can't find them anywhere. I think they are 500ml. I don't want to use 375ml. Does anyone have any leads.

I recently acquired a few cases from local winery. You might check online if any of your locals make port, if so, you may be able to snag SME from them.

I've seen them on line, and they are expensive. Like Gina, I scored some from a local winery. They had a surplus and I got them brand new for $4/case.

all of the wineries around me use 375 or ice wine bottles. I searched around the web but have hot come up with anything yet. Thanks for the advice

I found these 500ml bottles on Ebay, and ordered several cases for current/furture port wines. The listing is under "EMPTY WINE/BEVERAGE/ BOTTLES 500 ML DARK OLIVE COLOR". I got a case and checked them out. I then ordered some more. Very cool! And a #9 cork fits snuggly in the neck. My previous ports were bottled in splits (375ml), but these square bottles...I like!

Port_Bottles.jpg

Latest posts

Back