Pomegranate/Blueberry

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcavan01

Reaction score
Big lots had 1/2 gallon jugs of Old Orchard Pomegranate/Blueberry juice on sale for 2.50 a jug. I started a 2.5 gallon batch today. Does Pomegranate/Blueberry make good wine?

Totally .... One of the best wines we have made so far was a blue pom. just like you stared with juice.

just watch the acidity and ABV...

one batch we made was way hot like 17% and was rough.

SG

TonyandKory,

The starting Sg was 1.090 so it shouldn't be too hot, about 13 percent. How long did you age it? Did you oak it?

the good batch was about that 12-13% ... I don't ever oak any of our wines because we tend to like less oakie wines, I am not sure I have heard any one doing so with that strain but I have only been brewing a year and half now.
the bottles did not last past 6 months ... wish I would have hidden a few :) might have to make another in the future

I believe the FG of ours was around 1.008 so it was off dry but a hint of sweet

I think next time I will add a little tannin and bananas for body. because if was kinda thin.

I'm going to try this wine as soon as I can locate enough frozen concentrate. I live in a town/city of 85K and I bought EVERY can in town and only have 10!:)

I did find bottles of the juice but am holding out for the concentrate.

I've made it with Old Orchard frozen concentrate. It's one of the best I've made. I have a 3 gallon batch bulk aging right now.

I'm going to try this wine as soon as I can locate enough frozen concentrate. I live in a town/city of 85K and I bought EVERY can in town and only have 10!:)

I did find bottles of the juice but am holding out for the concentrate.

UBB,
I say again, you don't have to use frozen. Old Orchard in bottles work just as well. Made mine from bottled juice, added bananas and raisins for body and it is very good. I do not share the blueberry/pom much with my freinds or family, LOL.
If the stores in Bismarck don't stock bottles make a trip over to Jamestown sometime and go to HUGOs grocery store.
LOUMIK:b

UBB,
I say again, you don't have to use frozen. Old Orchard in bottles work just as well. Made mine from bottled juice, added bananas and raisins for body and it is very good. I do not share the blueberry/pom much with my freinds or family, LOL.
If the stores in Bismarck don't stock bottles make a trip over to Jamestown sometime and go to HUGOs grocery store.
LOUMIK:b
How many bottles did you use?

Latest posts

Back