Playing with Extracts

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff H

Reaction score
Now for something completely different: Amaretto
smiley16.gif

Amaretto extract (thanks George) Vodka, Sugar and Shake!

20080430_195734_Am_Bottle_small.JPG

P.S. - The caption at the bottom of the label is: Drink at your own risk.
smiley5.gif

Yes - it does taste good!

The liquor extracts are remarkably good. The wife and I got inadvertantly hammered one night on the Bailey's, so a word to the wise, drink slowly.

THIS topic comes up now and then as is just as fun and creative as wine making.I usually make my own extracts when I can,some store bought ones are very good,but the key is in the experimenting and sharing ,I started our wine club on this one meeting and now everyone makes thereown,,nice complement.to the wine///////////

geocorn said:
The liquor extracts are remarkably good. The wife and I got inadvertantly hammered one night on the Bailey's, so a word to the wise, drink slowly.

I can see that happening very easily. I looked around for 25 - 30% base alcohol as the instructions call for but theminimum I could find was 40%. I was thinking of mixing a little water to bring it down some but my wife said she liked it the way it was. So as the label states we will drink at our own risk.
smiley18.gif

joeswine said:
THIS topic comes up now and then as is just as fun and creative as wine making.I usually make my own extracts when I can,some store bought ones are very good,but the key is in the experimenting and sharing ,I started our wine club on this one meeting and now everyone makes thereown,,nice complement.to the wine///////////

Yeppers Joe, a little different and fun to boot!

i use a product called everclear 95 proof and a little goes a long way but the taste is out there

Latest posts

Back