peronospora

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winemanden

Reaction score
Just read on Wein-Plus that Bordeaux is suffering 55% infection of Downy Mildew on their vines. Italy is also 40% affected. Looks like it's going to push already rising prices even higher. Encouragement for us home wine-makers to make even more! :D

to me that sounds like MORE country wines
I don't know about you but I have 3 mulberry trees, zero berries. Three pear trees, zero pears. Zero crabapples. Apples pathetic but possibly usable.

Fortunately I had a bumper crop of raspberries, black raspberries, and blackberries. Grapes are looking good! And this is my first year for elderflower.

If my mulberry had zero berries I would let a female tree grow.

OR drive over to church and pick at the fence line. I really like 100% mulberry/ no water mixed with 5% Real lemon. ,,, , , :)
I used 9 lbs mulberry for a gallon batch last year (all I had) and was hoping to up the quantity this year. All the producing trees I know of within walking distance (mulberry and crabapple) are fruitless this year. Late frost. Bummer.

On an embarrassing but happy note - some of the weeds I've been pulling for years have turned into 4-5 ft tall elderberry plants. They grow fast! I let a few dozen go so my elderberry and flower future looks good.

Latest posts

Back