Peach mango madness experiment

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sp33dymonk3y

Reaction score
I posted a picture below, I have a peach mango experiment I am doing.. I started it 3 days ago and it has been fermenting like crazy! And still is. But their is a LOT of sediment on the bottom.. Should I go ahead and transfer into a different empty gallon??
ImageUploadedByWine Making1398893321.635259.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

I would put it in glass though I don't know about that gal jug you have it in now

The S.G. Was 1.082 now it is 1.010. I'll probably just wait until tomorrow and transfer into secondary or the next day when it goes to .999 but wow 3 days and almost fully fermented! It's kind of nasty.. High acidity I can taste.. This maybe be a fail, idk I may get some peach flavoring or mango flavoring to bump the flavor up. The flavor is also kind of dull.. Or I'll probably just bottle the gallon and let sit for a cripple years.

When I transfer into secondary tomorrow or the next day I will degas and add bentonite to help clear

what recipe did you follow? Or what ingredients? I would get it in glass the plastic might add to the off flavors

Hold on I'll tell you in a minute, testing acidity level right now with tartaric

Wow I used 4m of sodium hydroxide /: high means after multiplying 4ml x .25 = 100.00% tartaric acid level.. Way to high for a fruit wine..

Ugh my local brew store isn't open until next week! I need my acid level to go down by 50%. I have acid blend to bring it up but nothing right now to take it down

Okay I used 4 cans of peach mango concentrate

Added half gallon of water to top off the gallon

Added sugar to get 1.082 SG

Added yeast nutrient

Red star Pasteur red yeast

Pinch of light toasted oak chips

I will defently have to get solution to lower the acidity level, all I can taste is tart and the alcohol

I'm almost sure you could add some pectic enzyme to it now it will help with the clearing. And just out of curiosity why add the oak? I don't ever remember anyone adding oak to their peach wine. But hey I might be wrong:slp

Hmm. Well I didn't follow any ones tripe, I made my own.. But hmm maybe I should only leave the grape wine for the oak chips >.< ur right oak flavor with this fruit wine does sound good. I will remove them tomorrow and won't put anymore in secondary and aging :)

I don't have poetic enzyme :S I have year nutrient, bentonite, acid test kit, Camden tablets, and oak chips.. That's all the additives I have . I know I need to get more lol

Hmm. Well I didn't follow any ones tripe, I made my own.. But hmm maybe I should only leave the grape wine for the oak chips >.< ur right oak flavor with this fruit wine does sound good. I will remove them tomorrow and won't put anymore in secondary and aging :)

yea I wouldn't add anymore and rack them out, oak is good for grape wine

I don't have poetic enzyme :S I have year nutrient, bentonite, acid test kit, Camden tablets, and oak chips.. That's all the additives I have . I know I need to get more lol

and while your at your HBS pic up some potassium bicarbonate

and why did you add sodium hydroxide? I've never used it yes I have lmao:slp for the acid test you do Don't know if you can use the k bicarbonate or not its not recommended to reduce acidity by more than 3% this is added to prior to finning so maybe it will level out befor then don't know to much about high acid amounts. :d

Last edited:
going to go eat something maybe that will help me read:slp

Last edited:
Huh? No I didn't add sodium hydroxide.. I used it during my acid testing then pourd that out lol

Latest posts

Back