WineXpert Peach/Apricot Chardonnay

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djcoop

Reaction score
I'm so excited! Tomorrow, I get to go onto step 3 of my peach apricot chardonnay. It is totally amazing to me how clear this wine already is. I have been good and not touched it once - since moving to step 2 over to the carboy.

Next week, I should hopefully be able to bottle my chianti? It is hard to tell if it is clearing or not, since it is such a deep red. Maybe it will be easier, when next week I can "thief" some out and hold it in clear glass.

I haven't had anything in the fermenter for 10 days now, I'm startin' to get a little itchy!

Sounds like everything is going peachy!
smiley2.gif

djcoop said:
I haven't had anything in the fermenter for 10 days now, I'm startin' to get a little itchy!

Now you just have to drink a glass or two of wine and do as Frankie says - RELAX!

You need to start a nice scratch wine Donna. Have 1 gallon of raspberry going in the primary right now and am debating on picking up the stuff to start a blueberry when it comes out. The kits arefun but doing it myself is just a bit more fun and pleasurable. I just can't wait to taste it when I rack to the secondary. I also started the stabilizing and clearing of my reisling kit today when I got home from work, only about 5 weeks till I can bottle it, although I'll probably give it a good 2 months in the 'boy.

Steve

Steve-

I agree, my next wine is going to be Martina's pumkin wine for the fall. Just have to run by George's and p/u the necessities. Spring break this week
smiley5.gif
, so it has been a little crazy.

Also, I check the sg today on the peach and will recheck tomorrow, it should be good to go. You know, I added sug+h20 when I did the primary fermentation, it's still pretty hot. I shouldn't have messed w/ it, because I wanted it to drink w/ family on Easter. I wonder if, when I add the f-pack, will that cool it down some tomorrow?? What is in the f-pack anyway???

Don't have to remind me about spring break. I live in a beach town and work at Winn Dixie and the business has already picked up. I can see the island and the beach when I walk out to my car after work. Of course, working in a grocery store can have some benefits when making wine. I can always get new plastic food grade buckets for primaries and if produce gets overloaded on fruit/vegetable I can get my pick of it for a reduced price before anybody else. I was really tempted to grab some pineapples the other day to make some wine as they were perfectly ripe, but no place to put them while the raspberry is still going. I don't think I would like the pumpkin wine myself, but it would make good fall gifts.

Steve

Donna,

The F-Pack is the flavoring and plenty of sugar syrup and it will make a drastic change in your wine from what it tastes like right now. Give it 3 weeks to clear nicely after adding the F-Pack and stabilizing per instructions and it will be ready to bottle and drink for Easter.

I always tweak these type of kits with 5 lbs of sugar and they are never hot and the wife loves them!!!

ok masta, you the masta!!!

I will add the f-pak and all the fining products tomorrow, let it sitfor 3 weeks (?? longer than the instruc.say, both it and my chianti say 14d??), then rack and then bottle, just in time for Easter.

As always, thanks for all the input!!

D

I suggest 3 weeks as this works for me and allows extra time to make sure the wine is very clear and the lees to compact a bit for so you can rack off more wine. Some wines will be ready in 14 days as the instructions say but this is a minimum time table.

Just remember that more time in the 'boy won't hurt it, just makes ya wait a bit longer is all.

Steve

I feel like I've heard that line before! Making wine is such a challenge to those without great patience. But, those who screw up a wine because they didn't wait will tell you, they did learn!
smiley2.gif

Latest posts

Back