Passion Fruit aka (Lilikoi)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maui Joe

Reaction score
Any experiences of making a 1-gallon wine from using the aforementioned fruit? I understand that this is a wonderful fruit to use with rich aroma and flavor, but quite high in acid to it's natural juices, similiar to that of Pineapple. Here in Hawaii, the fruit is plentiful...

Aloha Mast,

Thanks for the info. Yea I checked Jack Keller's site. What a great knowledgeable guy. I plan onfollowing his recipe for the fruit wine. I am puzzled and had e-mailed him regarding "chopping of fruit" etc. As for the fruit itself, the contents is a gel-like substance with many seeds. I am puzzled about using the "hard-yellow shell" of the fruit which has nothing. When mentioned about the pounds of fruit, I would assume that he is relating to the contents and not the shell-otherwise, the weight would in shells included would far exceed the necessary juice, etc. Here people use only the contents, eliminating the seeds and shell thus squeezing andusing only the juice for "jellies-wine-cooking etc."

I await his response via e-mail-I know he's busy so I wanted to get other wine makers opinions on this if they had made wine using this fruit. I heard it is GREAT however never tasted it yet.

Jack Keller's web site is an excellent source of information for the home wine maker.

I agree with you 100%-It's like having a "free" winemakers manual on-line with down to earth laymans lingo.
smiley32.gif
I can see that this site will also be a wealth of great info as well!

I am trying to provide more information all the time. I just need more hours in the day!

Latest posts

Back