WineXpert Pacifica white

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danml

Reaction score
Just started this kit 5/1/11 and I am looking ahead to topping off. For anyone that has finished this kit, what did you use to top off or maybe someone has some good suggestios.

Thanks, Dan

Just don't use water.

I haven't made that kit, but after secondary is completed and you need to top off, use a commercial bottle of any of the varieties, of which that blend is made. First choice is to use that variety, which is the largest percentage of the blend, then work down from there.

After you rack, save your sediment in a separate "sealed" (clear glass if possible) container. Let it settle for a week or so; use a turkey baster to suck the cleared wine off the top of the sediment. You can recover about one extra bottle each time you do this.

Dan,

I've made that kit and it's excellent. I used a Chardonnay to top it off. I'm actually about half gone with my first batch, so I'm going to start a second with hopes that I can age a few bottles.

You can read some comments here: another Pacifica White Thread

Winexpert put out a great video about their [ame="http://vimeo.com/14943529"]2010 Limited Edition Wines.[/ame] It's very informative.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies....think I will try a Chardonnay or maybe a Menage a trois white.

Dan

Back