RJ Spagnols Orchard Breezin Seville Orange Sangria - Filter?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lhunkele

Reaction score
Hi! I'm making my first Orchard Breezin' Mist kit and noticed in the Bottling & Corking section it recommends that you filter the wine prior to bottling as it contains residual sugar and filtering will significantly reduce the probability of renewed fermentation.

I kind of thought adding the Sulphite and Potassium Sorbate would stabilize the wine and I thought filtering was for clearing (the kit also included Kieselsol and Chitosan).

I don't have a filter was was wondering if you had any suggestions on what I should look at and what number filter I should use.

I also noticed other than storage temperatures, the instructions do not say how long to age the wine before enjoying.

Thank you for your help.

Ive made a ton of these kits and dont filter these. Unless you are using a very fine micron filter the satement on filtering is useless IMO as it takes an expensive filter to rid the wine of yeast! I wouldnt worry about it, just let it clear longer then it states.

I haven't made this particular kit but you can start enjoying these right away. I usually have these styles drank up in about 6-8 months. I haven't noticed a big change in them during that time.

I have made two of this particular kit. Wade's post is what you should do.
Enjoy!

Latest posts

Back