RJ Spagnols Orchard Breeze Sangria

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tatud4life

Future wine & SP maker
Reaction score
Just ordered an Orange Breeze Orange Seville Sangria kit. My wife loves sangria, so I thought I would make it for her and see how it turns out.

I have made two of that particular kit. I recommend adding about 3 pounds of sugar to it to up the ABV. It can handle it without going out of balance.

Might even consider putting in only 3/4 of the F pack, if you don't like your wine really, really sweet. Of course the wife might like it really, really sweet.

Have fun with it!

Cool! Thanks Robie!!! I'll give it a try then!! I'll let you know how it turns out and how the wife likes it b

I've been stirring while my sangria has been in the primary. The instructions that came with the kit said that it would take about 14 days to ferment dry. On day 5 (yesterday) it had went from 1.060 to 1.016. I believe that I will beat the 14 day mark! Fermentation had slowed a little from the action on top of the must, but I can tell that it is still cooking away underneath. :D

orange seville sangria

:imade this kit twice,first time boosted the abv to 1.010,handled the sweetness well with a wine flavor,second time I added the zest of one large naval orange to the secondary,that then gave it its true orange background with the wine up front.:se

Thanks Joe!!! I might have to try the orange zest in the secondary. I was a little disappointed with the starting gravity though. I thought it would have had a little higher gravity at first.

We started ours on Sept 1st, raising the starting SG to 1.100, transferring to secondary after 7 days, then leaving it in the secondary until Sept 21st. The SG at that point was .990. Vacuum degassed, stabilized, and added the entire F-pack at that time. Bottled 5 weeks later. The first sample, the leftover from bottling, was very good. Not too sweet, at least for us. Now, it will sit until March and beyond allowing the higher ABV to mellow out.

Yeah. I told my wife that she woould have to wait for a bit to have any of the wine. I said that I wanted it to age a bit first to get a more accurate taste. She couldn't have been more disappointed. I had thought about raising the S.G., but didn't want to monkey with my first attempt at a kit wine. The next one will have a higher initial gravity reading. I suppose you just used sugar correct?

I lied on the earlier SG number. Going back to my records, I had added 5 pounds of granulated sugar to 2 1/2 cups of water to make a simple syrup. Once added, the initial SG was 1.085, while I was shooting for 1.090. After allowing everything to sit overnight, testing the SG the following morning showed a reading of 1.087. Above all, do not be in a rush to consume. Time, or is it AGE, improves everything. At least to the point when we all start heading downhill!!!

Latest posts

Back