orange mead

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spidy, I did my blueberry with the same 18-18 and have bottled it a few months ago and it is already awesome with lots of body and flavor. 1/2 of the blueberries were frozen store bought and the other 1/2 were fresh from a farm.

I will be making one from fresh Maine blueberries raked driectly from my lawn..lol...I might freeze a few for something to donext winter as well.I'd also like to try a multiberry mead. like Blueberry,blackberry,rasberry. or some combination of that.

Masta I have tried to get into gotmead several times but they wont send me an activation code. Turned off spam also

al right I have had my mead covered for 5 weeks without peeking. I uncovered today out of curiosity and wow that is beautiful stuff. The fruit is still floating but the mead is very clear. I might try to rack this weekend, but what can I top off with?

Mead does not really have to be topped up as much as wine does as honey in itself is basically anti-microbial and therefore never really goes bad. It will crystalize over time but warmed up it will return to its liquid state.

how about topping up with some vodka? Just to offset the sweetness of the honey.

Back