OMG! Fabulous BLUEBERRY and a sticker!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very nice! I hope someday I can make wine like that +1 on the recipe.

Wine looks awesome. Hoping you're good on the job (and gall bladder) front!

That wine is awesome, and after I find out my severence package here in a bit, I intend to go sit on my porch and consume two whole bottles of it. I am going to enter it in the county fair, for sure.

Sammy, I sent you the recipe. I'll post it on recipes, too. Caution wine snobs: it does use a little Welch's grape concentrate to boost vinosity. You can substitute wine tannins if you like.

That wine is awesome, and after I find out my severence package here in a bit, I intend to go sit on my porch and consume two whole bottles of it. I am going to enter it in the county fair, for sure.

Sammy, I sent you the recipe. I'll post it on recipes, too. Caution wine snobs: it does use a little Welch's grape concentrate to boost vinosity. You can substitute wine tannins if you like.

:slp jim.....i am absolutely shocked and appalled at the fact that you would ever consider using a product such as welch's to make wine with.....tsk tsk tsk.... ....

i would expect you to at least use old orchard or maybe dole.....:)

Thank you Jim. I printed it out. I was thinking of adding some bananas?

Thank you Jim. I printed it out. I was thinking of adding some bananas?

Yeah, bananas would be good especially if you do not want to backsweeten all that much. 2 pounds/gallon is what i use. I love it the way I have it. Tremendous mouthfeel, but then it may be sweeter than you like it.

In my experience, the thing about blueberries is that they kinda require additional sweetness to bring the flavor out after secondary. The concentrate in the recipe can help with that if you want a drier wine.

I've got a sec, so I'll post the recipe on the Recipe topic. It's a recipe I put together from several sources.

UNDER EDIT: It's Blueberry Bliss in Recipes. BTW, if you have a "thing" about Welch's, use red grape concentrate instead.

Last edited:
Jim, my job got eliminated 2 years ago (that door closed). As I was wondering what to do, another company called and offered MORE $$ than I had made before plus a car and a bonus (another door opens). Check out Indeed.com for jobs. And send a recipe for the wine....

Latest posts

Back