OMG a joke from real life

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jswordy

Reaction score
I overheard this at a Wal-Mart Auto Center counter yesterday:

20-something guy: "What's up with my car, man? They said it would take 90 minutes, and I've been here almost an hour!"

(I had a heckuva time not :) right there!)

30-something woman behind the counter: "Um, sir, 90 minutes is an hour and half." (smile)

20-something guy: "Oh." Slouches away.

And for the Bill Engvall fans out there: HERE'S YER SIGN!

:)

Reminds me of the time on a lawnmower forum, a guy was asking how much oil goes in a Kohler engine.

Another guy posts: "3 pints."

I posted right after that, "Well, I don't know about you but I use a quart and a half."

He pops right back up: "It says right in the manual that it's 3 pints! You do what you want but I've been fixing these for 20 years blah, blah, blah…"

I let some other guy come in and post that uh, DUH, 3 pints IS a quart and a half!

You just can't make this stuff up, man!

Jim, For a long time, I have suspected you are a trouble maker. That last part confirms it.

This was yesterday for me.
So I was walking back to my car from the grocery store and hit the button to open up the back. Apparently the woman next to my car didn't see me do that. Here is our conversation.

"Does your car do that automatically?"

Me. "Yes, it knew I was at a grocery store, sensed me walk up, scanned the cart and knew it wouldn't fit in the seat so it raised the door"

"Wow! That's cool"

Me. "Why yes it is"

Jeez

my son was workin at the fire house one day when one of the volenteers came in and told them they couldn't find a socket, the 2/4 one was missing. they told him they would order a new one. they never did find the missing 2/4 though.

my son was workin at the fire house one day when one of the volenteers came in and told them they couldn't find a socket, the 2/4 one was missing. they told him they would order a new one. they never did find the missing 2/4 though.

He should have told them that when they need the 2/4, they just use two of the 1/4's.

Jim, For a long time, I have suspected you are a trouble maker. That last part confirms it.

Hey man, in the post I made that about the quart and a half on that site, I even put in a laughing emoticon. No, I'm not a troublemaker, it's just that people get all puffed up on the Net over little stuff, and it's funny. It's happened here, too, the last time not too long ago.

Latest posts

Back