WineXpert Old Millenium Sparkling Wine Kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rm-mi

Junior
Reaction score
I purchased a an old kit (code 08201040402) kit and it is currently fermenting along nicely with fresh yeast. My questions are about stage 3 in the instructions.
1. The instructions say nothing about degassing before adding the clarifier (isinglass)So should I degass? Will the clarifier work on agassey wine?
2. Should I usefresh clarifier possibly Super Kleer?

Note I plan on doing the bottle conditioning and adding 1-1/4 cup of corn sugar after it is clarified.

Might be because you are making "sparkling wine" I have not made sparkling wine from a kit before. Rather I carbonate my wine.

You will want to degas this wine to clear it properly and I would use a fresh fining agent also.. I made this kit a few years ago as my first sparkling wine done "Méthode Champonaise". Make sure when you add the sugar to keep stirring it up as you bottle as it likes to settle leading to more sugar i 1 bottle and lss in another leaving some bottles not to carbonate.

Latest posts

Back