Oh! The joys of Winter!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reminds me of three years ago today. That guy had a hard time with his car.... but underneath this mess somewhere was my truck.

20061214_031901_HPIM0076_Medium.JPG

None of that this year so far for us.....could be record high today with temps reaching 60-65!

Way too much Geo.

Masta, keep that weather coming, I need to be in Boston on Dec. 26th, 60's would be fine with me!!
smiley4.gif

Temps today in MD? 65. This is crazy even for here!

That was great! I haven't chiseled clean the wrong car, but have improvised before for cleaning the windows.
Winter is great. Skiing, snowboarding and getting up earlier to clean off the car.

I actually miss that weather. I always have loved the snow and the cold. I just hated the wind, windchill, rain and slush when it was winter. I am originally from Central Illinois. We didn't get the weather lots of you did but before global warming, I remember digging in snow drifts looking for a vehicle. I remember being out of school for 2 weeks because the school bus couldn't get to the house because the snow plows didn't want to plow 8 miles of road for one household. The good old days. I know I am ready to get the hell out of South Louisiana and get back to a four season environment.

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

smurfe said:
I remember digging in snow drifts looking for a vehicle. I remember being out of school for 2 weeks because the school bus couldn't get to the house because the snow plows didn't want to plow 8 miles of road for one household. The good old days.
Smurfe
smiley1.gif

I'm glad things have gotten a little easier than they were last century(1900's). My Mom has a picture of her as a girl standing next to a power pole where she is taller than the pole. The power line looks like an electric fence strung out. The drifts were 20-30 feet high that year(1940's). Of course they didn't need to worry about school buses- there weren't any. You just walked to school. The worst I have seen this century was about 5 or 6 years ago when we got 5 feet of snow in 2 days in the middle of March- talk about snow cover!
smiley6.gif

Loved that clip george! I like the snow, just wish it could be 75 degrees out with it. Maybe Colorado?
smiley5.gif

Great clip... I lived in San Diego for a while, and really missed the snow.... I guess it's not all bad....

George,

That is so true......That could have been me when I lived in W.Va.....Right Pepere?

Ramona

smurfe said:
I actually miss that weather. I always have loved the snow and the cold. I just hated the wind, windchill, rain and slush when it was winter. I am originally from Central Illinois. We didn't get the weather lots of you did but before global warming, I remember digging in snow drifts looking for a vehicle. I remember being out of school for 2 weeks because the school bus couldn't get to the house because the snow plows didn't want to plow 8 miles of road for one household. The good old days. I know I am ready to get the hell out of South Louisiana and get back to a four season environment.

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

You got 4 seasons, Hurricane season, Tornado season, Mesquite season, Mardi Gras season.

Ramona,
Right, except for this year. Weather is like, way too warm. It did remind me of several years ago however when we had 24" for Thanksgiving.

Angell Wine said:
smurfe said:

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

You got 4 seasons, Hurricane season, Tornado season, Mesquite season, Mardi Gras season.

Well, if you look at it that way it is:

1) LSU Football Season
2) Crawfish Season
3) Mardi Gras Season
4) Crab Season

All involve drinking mass quantities of beer or liquid of choice!
smiley36.gif

Smurfe
smiley1.gif
Edited by: smurfe

Back