O.K. my wife is a little freaked out.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have read all of these posts and still fail to see what the problem is.
smiley36.gif
I started last July and have done 15 kits and have 5 in carboys of various stages and still have 2 kits waiting to get started but have to wait as I have no available carboys. I have done a few batches of Joe M's Mead as well.
smiley32.gif

Of course, my wife says the same thing about me. She just can't understand what we are going to do with all of this wine but she keeps drinking it!
smiley2.gif

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

I just bottles a Beaujalois, man it was good right out of the bottling bucket. My wife actually liked it.

Up next a shiraz.

earl

Earl

If you can get your wife interested in some wine kit...get it for her and help her make it...you know do a lot of the heavy work...she might get to like making wine....than look out, don't get between a woman and her hobby
smiley2.gif

Bert said:
Earl

If you can get your wife interested in some wine kit...get it for her and help her make it...you know do a lot of the heavy work...she might get to like making wine....than look out, don't get between a woman and her hobby
smiley2.gif

I tried this. My wife has done a whole kit all by herself. All I had to do was mix the juice, lift it onto the shelf, put the lid on, rack, stir,test and bottle.She is very pleased with the results of all her hard work. (she did pitch the yeast).Edited by: Vaughn

So Bert,

Just exactly what are you saying here, "then look out, don't get between a woman and her hobby
smiley2.gif
?" Has something happened between you, your wife and her hobbies? Maybe you can warn others!
smiley36.gif

I think I'll just plead the 5th or get a 5th , something like that....an answer could just get me in trouble..
smiley2.gif

The funny thing is, my wife is not much of a wine drinker. A high quality Reisling she will drink (That sounded a bit like Yoda), but apart from that she is not much intersted in wine. I would be in Vaughn's shoes in her making a wine kit.

The one good thing is that she realizes how important this to me and doesn't raise too much cane over it.

earl

hey NASCAR fans drink wine also. Go Dale Jr. and he did last night. Hey there are alot of dilmaa here dont spell check me on that. Yes empty bottles and I didnt see any carboys need more of them and there is lots of space for full bottles. Yes I get the bottles and clean them the first time to remove labels and bad yeasties. Then store them util its time to put some of the bables to bed. bottle that is.

I have my cartons of empties labeled clear beardeau green green burgandy and blue releiing. I have 1.5 also which I do the same with. And after awhile the most expensive kit wines are 4 bucks a bottle and will age great.

Latest posts

Back