O.K. my wife is a little freaked out.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earl

Reaction score
Here is my dilemna, dilemma, dilenma, take your pick for the correct spelling. For Christmas I received a starter kit from George, thinking this would be a fun habit. It has now turned into a downright "obsession" as my wife calls it. I am constantly studying, learning, keeping my ear to the ground for wine news. I absolutely love the blend of Chemistry, Mother nature and artistry it takes to produce a quality bottle of wine. My current collection is:

35 bottles of various store bought wine. 24 bottles of un-drinkable beaujalois. 1 gallon of apple cider. 17 bottles of green apple reisling. 5 gallons of apple-raspberry, just about ready to stabilize. 6 gallons of a new batch of beaujalois. Sulfite kits...making starters just for fun...about 120 empty bottles...pounds of sulfites, yeasts and other chemicals...hoses...etc...etc...

This is since about Jan 01, 2006...I AM HAVING A BLAST!!!

Whew I feel better now.

earl

Hi, my name is Steve and I'm addicted to wine making.
smiley36.gif

Welcome to the obsession..... ....err, addiction.

Steve

It will get worse or betterhow everyou look at it. Next comes the wine rakes, then the wine cooler or refrigerator then you will start thinking about a wine making room and of course a real big wine cellar. dreams are what make life worth living. Have fun with it.

The reason you can't sleep at night is clear, you need more bottles!!!
and when you buy equipment, buy the best first that way you won't have
to buy it twice...lol

2006-04-20_031014_bottles_aplril_2006_001.jpg

2006-04-20_031115_bottles_aplril_2006_002.jpg

Earl:

I don't see this as an addiction...the bigger problem is that you have 120 empty bottles!

earl said:
1 gallon of apple cider.5 gallons of apple-raspberry, just about ready to stabilize. 6 gallons of a new batch of beaujalois.

You have 12 gallons. You need to crank it up a notch, if you ask me.
smiley2.gif

Figure out your cost per bottle, and then explain how much you are actually saving by taking on this hobby.
smiley36.gif
smiley2.gif

Earl,

You said you have a dilemma. What is the dilemma? Not enough equipment? Not enough time? I personally think you've done well in less than 5 months.

Gee...

What I thought Earl's problem was, how to spell "delimma" or "dilemma!" But, now I'm not so sure...
smiley5.gif

My junior partner and Ihave 29 bottles of Bourgeron Rouge, 30 of pinot noir, 6 gallons of Australian Chardonnay ("buttery" style)in the "stir every 3 days" stage, and am about to click"check-out" withGeorge on the newlimited edition Nebbiolo D’Alba kit... and this all since mid-January!

DO I HAVE THIS "DILEMMA" TOO???

smiley9.gif

It looks like the biggest dilemma is how much time to spend on wine making
and how much to spend on the forum. Doesn't leave time for much else.

I hear that after work, home projects, kids, wine making, forum duties, and now Red Sox baseball there really isn't enough time for sleep!
smiley2.gif

Masta

Whatever you do, don't stop the forum duties. You are a tremendous resource on this site. I would really give up Red Sox baseball for Colorado Rockies baseball. Much less exciting.
smiley2.gif

earl

I bet those Cardinals would taste good here in the Colorado Rockies with a little of the Mojjo sauce.

earl

Worst of all, it's playoff time for hockey. I'm gonna be glued to the tv watchin 2 and 3 games a night till the finals.

Steve

Brandst

CheckTHE COLORADO AVALANCHE!!!!!!

YEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

earl

Talladega Talladega Talladega Talladega Talladega Talladega Talladega Go Junior #8 Dale Jr. will be racing with his dad's paint scheme on his car this Sunday. Can't wait.

Latest posts

Back