not really a joke but..

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This reminds of a funny story. A friend of my brother was combining their corn field in the afternoon. He saw this woman come running out of her (brand new) house, arms frantically waving. Thinking there's an emergency and she needs help and there's no one else since it's the middle of no where around he stops the combine and runs out to her to see what is the matter. Out of breath she gasps, "can you come back later? My baby is sleeping."

Er, no.

Already posted to my facebook. Thanks for that.

I grew up on a farm. There is nothing worse than city people moving to the country to "get away from it all" and then doing everything they can to re-create everything they were trying to leave.

Still living on a mini-farm, it does make for a couple interesting interactions with the neighbors. :)

haha ya I always laugh at people that buy next to a farm and then complain about everything

That sign is everywhere. Our area is being suburbanized and growth has been amazing over the last 20 years. What gets me is, people will drive 25 miles to commute to city work and tell everyone they are living in the "country," but they really live in houses in subdivisions there! Heck, why not just live in the city and cut your commute, if you are living like that?

:)

I agree Jim. Same goes for those that move to the big cities and complain about the traffic and noise. Our big problem here, I think,or at least one of them lol, is the Gov't keeps releasing farmland from the Agricultural Land Reserve to build these stupid subdivisions.

Latest posts

Back