Cellar Craft No bubbling in carboy

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheald

Junior
Reaction score
I just siphoned my Rosso grande (Cellar Classics) into the carboy a week ago tomorrow. I'm not seeing any bubbling. Is something wrong?

Cheald welcome to the forum. You will need to give us more details. What was your beginning sg reading, what was it when you transferred it to the carboy and what is it now.

Cheald if these are your readings:

I am thinking it should go lower. Take three different readings in a five day period. If the sg has not changed then your wine has finished fermenting and you can move on to stabilizing it. Take your time as it is not good to rush it.

Cheald:

Yes, it COULD be finished fermenting in a week, if conditions were ideal. Please let us know the current temperature and the specific gravity readings. That will allow us to help you.

BTW, Spagnols makes two Rosso Grandes...Cellar Classic Rosso Grande, and Cellar Classic Winery Series Rosso Grande Eccellente (with grape skins). Presumably you have the first one?

Steve

Latest posts

Back