WineXpert Next kit WE with grape pack...suggestions?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobbyiswine

Reaction score
So my LHBS sells WE kits and I was looking at what to make next. Thinking I will go with a grape pack kit. Choices are: Nero D' Avola, Aussie petite verdot, Spanish tempranillo.

I like tempranillo, 100% petite verdot sounds interesting, and the "black" D' Avola sounds good too. Any input on these kits would be great. I think I would be happy to make them all but any input is great.

I have had the Nero D'Avola in bulk aging since mid November and it is going to be one of the best wines I have ever made. It has a magnificent, deep, dark color and the few sips I have had from it were great. I am sure any of these kits from this series will be good.

I have the Petit Verdot underway, and the Nero D Avola is going to be one of my next choices. I understand both of these should age a year.

I had a taste of the WE Petit Verdot that came out a few years ago and it was one of the best wine I ever tasted.

I made the Petit Verdot last October based on the reviews of
the Limited Edition they had out a couple of years ago. Based
on a few tastes at the 4 month mark, this could be the best of the
20 kits I have made in the last year and a half.

Thanks for the info!!! I was leaning towards the petite verdot and think I still am (I think...) but they all sound sooooooooo good!:HB

petite verdot

I also have the Petite Verdot aging, it seems pretty good right now. I tried a bottle of some 2007 Australian Petite Verdot last weekend i found in the local wine store, i think mine will be better. I'm pretty happy with my kit.

Latest posts

Back