Next kit suggestions

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the MM Renaissance Aussie Chardonnay. It was on sale this past weekend but not a wine of the month so its full price now.

I have opened one bottle to date and its 6 months old and tasting very good.

Can't wait till Summer.

Try the WE Unoaked Sonoma Chard....

I have this one bulk aging and it tastes amazing right now

It has a full chard taste with a crisp finish......like you would expect from a stainless steel fermentation

If you like oaked chardonnay, go with the MM Ren. Aussie.
You will be less likely to get kit taste.

Since George no longer sells WE you could just get the MM Ren, split the kit and oak half and leave the rest unoaked. You'll get 2 different styles with the same kit. You will need 2 - 3 gallon carboys.
BTW I have NEVER had kit taste with a WE kit perhaps I'm just lucky but its never happened.

I don't think "which kit" you start matters ... only that you continue to start another kit, as soon as one kit gets into secondary.

We're finding that "internal corporate consumption" is able to outpace our production schedule ... so the question is not so much "which kit," but "how many kits" can you start without drawing your significant other's wrath.

My husband has his hobbies so he can't say a word about mine ;) this will be my 3rd & 4th kit. I plan on starting CC OVZ, once that's in 2nd I'll start the Chardonnay. I had to take a minor break this past month. It's been quite depressing not having a wine going at the moment. But I'll remedy that very soon!!

Back