Newbie with plum wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowboytex

Reaction score
This morning I moved from the primary to secondary, 1 gallon of plum wine. My reading a week ago was S.G. 1.050, PA 6% and Balling 14%. Ths morning I took a reading and the readings are : S.G. 1.010, PA 0% and Balling 3%. This is my first batch so I was hoping someone would tell me if this is about right? I thought the PA would be a little higher or does that come later? Recipe tells me to let it sit under Airloc for 30 days and then add 1/2 sugar, then let it sit for 5 months. Also, I more question please, while it is sitting under airloc do I stir daily or leave it alone? thanks

Hi and Welcome !

What do you mean by "PA" and "Balling" ?!

Hector

Sounds about right to me. Now that it is in the secondary no more stirring. The PA is only a good reading at the beginning prior to fermentation. Where ever you started is what potential alcohol you have after fermentation is complete. Hope this helps, Steve

Last edited:
Sounds about right to me. Now that it is in the secondary no more stirring. The PA is only a good reading at the beginning prior to fermentation. Where ever you started is what potential alcohol you have after fermentation is complete. Hope this helps, Steve[/QUOI

ok thanks!

Latest posts

Back