New Primary Fermenter

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmcqueen

Junior
Reaction score
I just received the new EC Kraus catalog and am looking to replace my primary fermentation vessel. In the new catalog I see a 6 Gal. screw-top fermenter (very similar to what I’ve been using) and I also see 9 Gal.Tuff-Tank fermenter. The Tuff-Tank looks like it would save me a lot of space. Has anyone used this Tuff-Tank as a primary fermenter? If so what are your suggestions and comments about it.

Thanks for your comments and suggestions as I’m just a beginner to this wine brewing.

- Jim

A friend of mine bought a couple of those. Plenty of room to make 5 gal. of fruit wine and have all the ingredients in one place. He has given up on the winemaking and those fermenters now reside in my basement. Havn't used them yet so really don't have much of an opinion of them. Arne.

Depends on what you intend to make and in what size quantities. The 6 gallon fermenter is not going to be sufficient for making a 6 gallon kit wine.

Latest posts

Back