New here, But Not really

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
appleman said:
Okie, I think you misstyped about the amount of kits you have done in 12 months. In the US there is a 200 gallon limit per household to make with 2 or more adults per year for personnal use. That is 33.33 - 6 gallon kits.

Appleman,

A good observation to detail.
smiley1.gif
Looks like I forgot to mension that about 28 of those kits were made at my brothers house?

Well Wade, Maybe I should just say that my wife must really love me to put up withall mycarboys.
smiley1.gif

Andy and Tom, Welcome to the forum.And thank you for getting hooked worse than I am! I'm at only 17 kits made or in progress with5 on deck in the last 11 months. You guys are an inspiration!My wife mightsub a different word though.
smiley2.gif

Please tell usmore about your experiences. Sounds like you might havemigrated thru theconcentrate kits to the larger volume ones. What have been your favcrites?We have been making WE16 L kits, none with grape packs yet, and 23L Mosti kits so far. We also have one trial of RJS OC Port clearing atthe moment. A CC Super Tuscan kit with grape pack isopen for starting tonight as well.

As to drinking, we prefer to drink red wines. In winter it is almost exclusively red. We made three whites for summer drinking that have come out pretty well, so much so, that our 9 mo old WE SE Fr Chard may not make to summer and it is not the best of the three! So far, we have not made a red we can drink. All of those we have tried are WE 16L kits and they still have KT. Our Mosti kits are too young but theyshow promise.

Hi Andy and welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have been busy making wine from kits. I haven't graduated to kits yet, still learning making country jugwine but on your recomendation might try a kit. WE sail on the river, as its only 3 blocks from my house in the summer when there is wind, which is almost allways in N. Illinois. Tomy
smiley32.gif

Andy, welcome to the forum. Enjoy the people here, they are wonderful.
smiley17.gif

I have a MM Vinero (sp) Noble Piesporter in the carboy now. I am hoping it tastes as good as it smells!!

Back