New from SE Georgia

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CUZN_J

Reaction score
New but Not Young from SE Georgia, so far I found out that I am too old to be starting something this technical, ph,temp,water specs, wow! what have I gotten myself into?
so far 2 blotched batches and 3 good batches, the first was the best, but then I started reading more, and the batches started going south, makes perfect sense right.

Welcome
Sounds to me Like you are right on track.
It could be you are just becoming more critical.
Any time I hear "botched" I wounder if something didnt get cleaned well. First batch is easy, after that everything is dirty. Clean it use it clean it
There is also the case of doesnt taste the way I would have liked. Doesnt necessarily mean its bad just cuz I dont like it.
Are yuu doing kits, juice, grapes, country fruits, ?

Last edited:
Welcome
Sounds to me Like you are right on track.
It could be you are just becoming more critical.
Any time I hear "botched" I wounder if something didnt get cleaned well. First batch is easy, after that everything is dirty. Clean it use it clean it
There is also the case of doesnt taste the way I would have liked. Doesnt necessarily mean its bad just cuz I dont like it.
Are yuu doing kits, juice, grapes, country fruits, ?
Just starting and did blueberrys didn't work, that was first, second try was frozen concentrate-pretty good, third try was juice, welches 100% bottles.- only got a so so, tasted ok but alcohol was only 3-4%, not much over the juice, I guess I used the wrong term as you said, they turned out, but not as I expected, pretty hard on myself, at 69 years old and paralized some 40 years tends to make me tough on what I do, I strive to be - if I can get my hands on it , I can do it. thanks for your input.

Maybe do a few kits until you get the process down

To Old? Naa, If I can make wine, Anyone can! I have never had such a fun hobby and I have been through many! Great bunch here! Have Fun!

Back