New Beer Guy

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian B

Junior
Reaction score
Greetings every one,
I thought I would take a few minutes and introduce my self. My name is Brian Beyer, and I am the new “Beer Guy” at The Wine Makers Toy Store. I received a beginner’s home brew kit for Christmas in 1991, and brewed my first batch of beer in January of 1992. I stepped up to all grain in 1996, I still do the occasional extract batch when time is short and the supply is running low.

My favorite styles to keep on draft are Hefeweizens, Bitters, IPA’s with the occasional coffee porter thrown in. My latest interests have been with the sour beers of Belgian and Germany. I have belonged to two home brew clubs in my 17 years of brewing. The first was the Boneyard Union of Zymurgical Zealots in Champaign Illinois, and I am currently a member of the North Texas Homebrewers Association, here in the Dallas Texas. Both of these clubs have helped me grow as a brewer and I highly recommend joining a club in your area.

If you have any questions about brewing, or supplies you would like to see us carry please do not hesitate to contact me.
Cheers,

Brian

Welcome we are looking forward to George's new adventure. My husband just brewed his first coffee porter a couple of weekends ago. I am looking forward to tasting it soon.
VC

Welcome! I think you'll find in these economic times that many more people will try their hand at home brewing and I'm sure they will find that home brew, even extract brewing is MUCH better than most domestic commercial beer, and that they can create the same as those expensive craft brewed beers or imports.

Maybe you could start a nice recipe database here for clones of popular brands.

Glad to have you here Brian and glad George is getting back into and afr beyond the beer supplies he used to sell. Cant wait to see whats will be offered here cause right now Im getting stuff from everywhere and I hate that.

Back