Quantcast

New Barrels for Forum Members

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

mainshipfred

WMT Supporter
Reaction score
I just went through my posts for barrels and below is what I have. Please confirm if you are still interested since I still have a few requests and only one 40 liter left.I apologize if I left anyone out. They were supposed to be in Norfolk on the 3rd but got delayed until next week.

@Levi24 2 - 100
@rødvinselsker 2 - 50
@GR! 1 - 50
@dkbecker 1 - 50
@jgmann67 1 - 30
@hdgypsyman 1 - 30
@pete1325 1 - 25
@wood1954 I can save the 40 for you unless someone requests it first.

There is also a 25 and 40 I have to confirm from someone outside the forum.

hdgypsyman

Junior
Reaction score
I just went through my posts for barrels and below is what I have. Please confirm if you are still interested since I still have a few requests and only one 40 liter left.I apologize if I left anyone out. They were supposed to be in Norfolk on the 3rd but got delayed until next week.

@Levi24 2 - 100
@rødvinselsker 2 - 50
@GR! 1 - 50
@dkbecker 1 - 50
@jgmann67 1 - 30
@hdgypsyman 1 - 30
@pete1325 1 - 25

I am delighted that you were able to add a 30L barrel for me. I sent you a p.m. with payment and shipping information. Thanks Fred!

mainshipfred

WMT Supporter
Reaction score
The barrels arrived today. I'll get shipping costs tomorrow or Sunday and let you know the cost and get them out Monday. If anyone has not given me their address please do so. The local guys just let me know when you want to pick them up. There may be two 50s left as one member didn't respond. Might have to be a local person though because shipping would probably make it not worth it.

Attachments

mainshipfred

WMT Supporter
Reaction score
You can just use K-meta if you don't have citric. I have no proof but I understand if you increase the acid level to a pH of 2 the K-meta works better which is what the citric does. You can get it at most supply place, I get mine from Morewine and it's dirt cheap.

sour_grapes

Victim of the Invasion of the Avatar Snatchers
Reaction score
Where do I find Citric Acid to help sanitize my new barrel prior to filling with wine??
A quick google says that they have citric acid available at Brew and Grow, in Roselle. There are also LHBS in Palatine and in Charles.

pete1325

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm sure my local shop in St. Charles, IL also has it. Can I drop a few Campden tablets in the water, drain in a few days then add my wine?

dkbecker

Montpelier Vineyards
Reaction score

@Levi24 2 - 100
@rødvinselsker 2 - 50
@GR! 1 - 50
@dkbecker 1 - 50
@jgmann67 1 - 30
@hdgypsyman 1 - 30
@pete1325 1 - 25

I just saw this, do you still have a 50l barrel for me?

Latest posts