Nematocide recommendations/opinions on huma promax?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

efBobby

Reaction score
While pest were generAlly mild last year there Are 2 I cannot see that is fairly abundant in my area.

Root knot and root lesion nematode. I can pull just about any wild plant and see their work.

So I have been looking and came across a couple so far. One is huma promax and the other is crop-iq nema-dead although I am not sure if I can even get that.

Anyone tried either one of these?

On the experimental side I have come across a couple possibilities. I read that some plants' roots culture a bacteria that acts as a nematicide but it will be a time consuming experiment.

First I would have to confirm or deny if it is true and if it is then ultimately artificially culture them to see if they can be transferred to the root tissue of my target plant and even if it can have to observe long term to evaluate any potential health risk to the new host.

This one was based off a logical hunch I had.....since nematodes are sub-terrainian means they have no defenses against being cleansed by UV-C. I briefly looked into it and while my initial hypothesis seems correct the application of uv-c seems problematic at best unless your grape vine is container grown.

Based off of what I read which I haven't put any time into yet while UV-C is detrimental to the above ground tissues it doesn't seem to affect root morphology.

P.s. The third option would be to maybe "persuade" a local soy bean farmer to locally apply some of whatever they are using or just sell me some to apply myself. Prob something a little more broadband/harsh such as telone etc..

Last edited:
Back