Nature is beautiful!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, about a week ago as I was wandering through my yard, I noticed there was a very large wild grapevine taking over my apple trees. Wouldn't ya know, the damn thing was bearing quite a healthy amount of fruit. I looked at it for a while and ideas went through my head. I asked my neighbor about it, since the vine stems from his property. He tells me his wife has mad some very yummy jam from this particular vine in the past. I decided that being the apple trees suck anyway and don't produce anything worth while, i shall cut them down and make room for my new friends to prosper. Made her a nice little jungle gym to climb on. Now they have some good sunlight and should do very well. I have an obsession with naming things, I decided to name her Medusa, due to her gnarly, snake filled head. From the look of the friut, I should have enough this year for aproximately a 2 gallon batch. We'll see how she turns out!!

LOL, nature is beautiful!!!!! Let us know how the wine turns out.

refinedmechaninc said:
So, about a week ago as I was wandering through my yard, I noticed there was a very large wild grapevine taking over my apple trees. Wouldn't ya know, the damn thing was bearing quite a healthy amount of fruit. I looked at it for a while and ideas went through my head. I asked my neighbor about it, since the vine stems from his property. He tells me his wife has mad some very yummy jam from this particular vine in the past. I decided that being the apple trees suck anyway and don't produce anything worth while, i shall cut them down and make room for my new friends to prosper. Made her a nice little jungle gym to climb on. Now they have some good sunlight and should do very well. I have an obsession with naming things, I decided to name her Medusa, due to her gnarly, snake filled head. From the look of the friut, I should have enough this year for aproximately a 2 gallon batch. We'll see how she turns out!!

Where do you live. I love wild vines and would love some pictures of the leaves and clusters. I might could even point you in the direction of what type of wild vine it is.

Latest posts

Back