My wine area, how about yours

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant

Reaction score
This is my wine area I built in the basement when we started making wine 5 months ago. I have a couple of cases of Amarone and California Trinity Red stored under bench. Not sure what to do once this is full. My son's bedroom is next door and I can't see why he needs so much room, lol
20070330_131118_Our_Wine_Area.JPG

Good job! Looks like it will hold you for a few more batches. I would get those on the top laying down so the corks don't dry out. Plus it looks like laying them down on top will give you more room to stack bottles higher.

Whats brewen?

looking good....I agree with Jobe...make some cubicles on the top for the bottlesin the top row and what's in the carboys...

We find that by the time we bottle the carboys there is space available on the shelves as well as some empty bottles....strange how that works out...
smiley2.gif

I use synthetic corks, so I was told that they did not have to lie down. Is that correct?

Brewing is

Red: WE Cieux Chateau Du Roi
White (Left): WE IM Kiwi Pear
White (Right): WE LE Austalian Verdelho

In Primary stil

Red: WE LE Australian Grenach/Mourvedre

The little bottles you see are WE IM Mango, Kiwi and Peach for our trailer during the summer. They fit into our fridge much easier that tall bottles

lmeeko said:
I use synthetic corks, so I was told that they did not have to lie down. Is that correct?

Brewing is

In Primary stil

I beleive you to be correct, those corks can stand up. Hard to get use to seeing good wine standing upright.................

lmeeko said:

Brewing is

In Primary stil

Chateau Du Roi is a wine I have always wanted to try, but never had the guts to do it. The name intriques me, I have no idea how it would taste.

Great looken bunch of carboys, I like the way you label them and able to record your records at the same time...... thats a great idea. When you are done, do you just put that right into a binder?...... I'm gonna have to try that. Right now I have a pile of scrape paper, kit directions, printed recipes with a ton of scribbling on them all thrown into a plastic zip lock baggy............ Pretty sad.

lmeeko said:
The little bottles you see are WE IM Mango, Kiwi and Peach for our trailer during the summer. They fit into our fridge much easier that tall bottles

I thought those bottles looked familiar. I like that idea a lot!

I always thought about how good those coolers would be (as actual coolers), but I want to take them out side while I'm mowing the lawn, working in the garden or just relaxing on the deck whithout the worry of broken wine glasses (ALL THE TIME!), or leaving glasses all around the yard.

Note to friends and neighbors: Save me your plastic soda bottles!

When the Wine is bottled I re-enter all information on computer and print a copy. Printed copy goes with instructions and into a binder. I have a folder on my computer that I save a copy in as well.
Ya the little bottles are great. My wife wanted them because she didn't know if she could finish a whole bottle and didn't want a open bottle going bad. Hasn't been a problem so far. We are saving what we have so far for the summer. They are plastic beer bottles that we picked up at local supplier, we have 48 of them. Might have to get some more.

The plans are to put cubbies on the top shop as well. On my list of things to do.

Imeeko, I'm not trying to be noisy, but what is that behind the boxes of island Mist? Bottles of CLAM????!!! Looks like you have a nice set up! I wish I could have somthing as nice! I'm still working on my other half to add to the garage or dig!?
smiley36.gif

I would say Clamato juice which is a Motts product consisting mainly of
tomato and clam juice used mainly for Bloody Mary's! Not my kind of
drink. I like tomatoes but not tomato juice or soup.

It is Clamoto Juice, used to make a Caeser

Vodka
Clamato Juice
Worchestsire Sauce
Tabasco
Celery salt
Pepper

REALY Tasty

A Canadian invention

Extremely well organized and efficient!
smiley20.gif

I have my stuff all over the place. It may have something to do with "I NEED MORE SPACE", but that is MY problem. You would be surprised at how much space 600 wine kits can consume. Just ask my brother.

George I have an extra bedroom not being used if you ever need more room!
smiley32.gif
Imeeko , looks good, wish I was as organized! Edited by: JWMINNESOTA

Isn't that why we all started making wine, so we could "deal" with the shrinkage.

Latest posts

Back