My third batch of wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wkingsnorth

Reaction score
I am doing my third batch of wine. It is Pomegranate Wildberry Zinfandel by Orchard Breezin. Just stabilized it and added the clarifier. This batch actually fermented properly unlike my second batch. I used tap water this time. I have a well, but I have a whole house filter. Last batch I made with water I bought in the store. It may have been distilled, not sure. Anyway, so far so good. The gravity is .996, it started out at 1.060.

Glad it's going OK. If using store bought water, use spring water instead of distilled. My understanding is distilled water lacks minerals that the yeasties need.

Best of luck with your latest and all future wine batches.

My local home brew store recommends spring water even over my very good well water. The first two batches I made were with my well water and they came out just fine. For my third batch I switched to spring water.

Best of luck with your latest and all future wine batches.

My local home brew store recommends spring water even over my very good well water. The first two batches I made were with my well water and they came out just fine. For my third batch I switched to spring water.

I read that well water is not good for making wine, however mine is filtered so it should not be an issue.

If you have made wine using your well water and you like it, then use it:b

Latest posts

Back