My Steamer's On The Way

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eland

Reaction score
I ordered the N12 steamer/juiceryesterday and can't wait for it's arrival. I have pears,applesand wild grapes in the freezer waiting to be juiced. I will be getting crabapples this weekend.

Eland

You'll love it....

Don't be disappointed with the amount of juice from the apples and pears.....The grapes and small fruits like grapes, raspberries, black berries, blueberries, etc. are more rewarding....the juice flows freely.

Keep us Posted on your adventure.

Edited by: Northern Winos

As NW said...You'll love it. Post us some pictures of it in action when you get it

I love mine, it works great. Where did you get yours? I got mine for about $120 shipped.

gaudet,
I got it from Harvest Essentials. It was 119.95 shipped.

Northern, I have 35 lbs of apples and 26 lbs of pears; about how much juice should I expect.

I have never weighed the apples that I juice. I use pure juice for my Apple Wine.....add sugar and the 'Usual Cast of Characters'.....[acid blend, tannin, nutrient, etc.]

I did weigh the Crabapples...Think I used 40# to get 10 Quarts of juice....To that 10qts. I add some Frozen Apple Concentrate too, that layers and adds to the flavors....as well add some water, sugar, etc....and the 'Usual Suspects'....[additives]

The steamed grape juice varies, I use almost pure juice in that wine too.

I have never juiced pears....Have bought a 'mate' for our old Pear tree and hope maybe this coming year we will get some little hardy pears. I have read that pears are not the most rewarding fruit to juice. I think some Forum members have juiced some and said they weren't too juicy, but the juice was good. Don't know if they added water or used pure juice.

I tend to use more fruit per batch when I steam juice my fruit.....just like a more flavorful wine....

Tho Chokecherry is one that I don't go over too much on the fruit/juice in that wine....it gets too strong.

Keep us Posted on your ventures.

NW ..Do you have to can the juice or can you store it sealed tightly in a gallon jug?

I can it in mason jars....Then you can make wine any old day....Like today...

Check it out...this is how the juice looks on Wine Mixing Day....
smiley4.gif

http://www.finevinewines.com//Wiz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6704

Great Eland, I think you will be very pleased with your decision to get one, they are very handy!

Latest posts

Back