WineXpert My Reisling...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So i started my Selection Estate Washington Valley Riesling awhile ago, and as soon as i racked it to the carboy for secondary ferm. i realized it was rather dark but i continued on. It looks more like a white Zin. then a Reisling. Does this look ok?
126_2658.jpg
(edit: the pic would help lol)Edited by: Ieatrice4dinner

Not sure but I have a IM Green Apple Reisling that looks just about the same color and not sure what caused that.

I have made this kit, along with other Rieslings, I would say that your color is normal. It does look darker in the carboy, but in a 750 bottle, it is a nice straw color, as it should be. Based on my experience with the 5 Riesling, Johannesburg Rieslings that I have done, the darker ones were the better ones. coincident s? Probably not.

Yours looks very good. When is the bottling Party now that we know you own a camera?

Also you do know it's customary to send every person that responds to your post a bottle or two right?
smiley2.gif
smiley9.gif

Hahaha, Ya I was holding out on the pics. The Cab. is about 2 weeks into the bulk ageing, and the reisling is idk about 2 or 3 weeks into the clearing stage. I wont be bottling untill next year. Soon i will have nothing to do... might need another kit
smiley1.gif

I made this kit last year. I pulled up some oldpictures I had from when I was making it and mine was almost exactly the same color. I think it just looks darker because it is in such a large container. If you pulled a little out and looked at it in a glass, I think you would find it to be MUCH lighter. I don't think you'll be disappointed with the final product. Mine have been going fast.

The MM Johan. Riesling is much lighter but that looks really nice, and clear to.

Jobe:
I've didn't know that! Dang...there went all my Riesling...guess i need to get crackin' on that Shiraz!

smiley36.gif

Latest posts

Back